The consular section of the embassy of France welcomes all applications for short and long stay visas to metropolitan and overseas France*,
- Short stay visas to France include :
- visas for official missions to France ;
- visas for diplomatic and service passport holders ;
- transit visas ;
- other categories of Schengen visa (tourism, business, study…).
Applicants must be resident in Ghana to make an appointment at the French Embassy to apply for a long stay visa to metropolitan and overseas France and for a short stay visas to overseas France and short stay visas to Mauritania and the Central African Republic. For non-Ghanaians, it means that they must have been in Ghana for three months at least and must be holder of a residence permit.
* Since French overseas departments (Guadeloupe, Martinique, French Guyana, La Réunion, Mayotte) and communities (French Polynesia, Saint-Pierre et Miquelon, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin, Wallis et Futuna, New Caledonia) are not part of the Schengen area, the embassy of the French Republic is the only competent authority to issue long stay as well as short stay national visas to these destinations.