The TLScontact call center can be reached at: +84 (0) 24 3939 2662 (toll-free) Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
In addition, you can lodge a request on the section of the TLScontact website
What is a Premium service?
TLScontact offer a Premium Service which is part of the range of optional paid services which allows you to benefit from the following advantages:
- Direct access to the Premium Lounge for the submission of your application; you will find a wide selection of magazines, refreshments, hot drinks and cupcakes.
- Personalized support from the beginning to the end of your application
- Free photocopying service
- The possibility of submitting additional documents until 4 pm the same day.
This premium service is offered for an additional VND 725 000 for each visa application.
Note that the use of this service does not grant any right to obtain a visa, a close appointment, or faster processing of your file by the Embassy of France in Hanoi or the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
Where to apply for a visa?
All short-term and long-stay visa applications are now received by TLScontact, except for certain categories that are received directly by the French Embassy or the Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City (long-stay visas "official assignment", retired residence card and short-stay visas for humanitarian purposes [accident or death of a relative, etc.])
- If you intend to visit a single member state of the Schengen area, you must contact the Embassy or Consulate of that Member State.
- If you wish to go to several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country in which your stay will be the longest;
- If you wish to travel to several countries in the Schengen area for equivalent periods of stay, you must apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate of the country which is your point of entry into the Schengen area.
We draw your attention to strict compliance with the above rules.
When to apply?
You cannot apply for a visa more than 90 days before your departure date. It is also recommended to submit your request at least 20 days before your departure date.
Can the Visa section require additional documents or information?
The Embassy or Consulate General may request additional documents, or additional information, depending on your personal situation, including after filing your application with TLScontact.
Please note that additional documents that are not requested in the checklist must be issued in English or French, and if the original documents are in another language, they must be issued with translation certificates in English or French.
How can I withdraw my passport?
Passports can be withdrawn from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30, without an appointment in the TLScontact centers. An online notification via your personal account and a SMS message will inform you of the return of your passport in the dedicated TLScontact center.
The EMS service allows you to receive your passport directly at the address specified during the submission.
Can TLScontact send me my passport by express mail?
Yes, TLScontact offers an optional EMS express mail service, allowing you to receive your passport directly at the address specified at the time of the submission.
Can someone pick up my passport for me?
Yes, a third party can represent you to pick up your passport, but must provide the following proofs:
- written authorization from you;
- The TLScontact summary sheet;
- The original and a photocopy of his identity card;
- A photocopy of yours.
Can an intermediary represent me?
Please note that your visa application must be submitted in person at the TLScontact center except for children under 12, unless you are exempt from biometrics.
Exemption case of biometrics :
People who have obtained a Schengen visa with the collection of biometric data for less than 5 years: (fingenprints and photography) are exempted from the renewing the collection of these biometric data :
- if they have a photocopy of their previous Schengen visa and
- If the collected biometric data have been for less than 5 years (more precisely 59 months).
When these conditions are met, it is not required to appear in person to file a new visa application.
A third person who files the application must be accompanied by the power of attorney letter signed by the applicant and that of his representative.
Applicants' attention is drawn to the fact that thei file will be refused if the above conditions are not met
The French Embassy in Hanoi and the Consulate General of France in Ho Chi Minh City reserve the right to request a new collection if the biometric data proved to be unusable.
For those wishing to apply for a "Long Stay" visa, personal appearance is mandatory for taking biometric data.