► Your situation
Depending on your nationality and age, you may be able to benefit from the work holiday programme. This programme allows you to visit France for a period of more than three months with the right to work, so as to supplement your financial resources on site.
► The conditions
- The main reason for your stay is tourism and discovering France’s culture;
- Your country must have signed an agreement with France. Today, this applies to 14 countries:
- Canada (agreement on youth mobility);
- South Korea;
- New Zealand;
- Hong Kong;
- You must meet the terms and conditions of the agreement regarding duration of stay and expected financial resources provided for in the agreement.
- Applicants must be, as of the date of request submission, between 18 and 30 years of age (up to the date of 30th birthday), regardless of country of origin, except for Argentina, Australia and Canada where the maximum age is 35 years (up to the date of 36th birthday).
Australian, Canadian and Colombian nationals may file their visa application with the visa centre of their choice. Nationals of other countries, in contrast, must file their application with the visa centre empowered in their country of nationality
► Your visa
This is a long-stay visa containing the statement: “vacances travail” (working holiday). Its duration is one year and may not be extended, unless otherwise stipulated. It will entitle you to undertake paid employment on a secondary basis, without prior approval from the French Administration.